Event Coordinator – Part Time
This position requires organization, a positive attitude and flexible hours to meet with Clients to professionally arrange their special events at Heartland Acres.Â This position is part time.
- Take charge individual with the ability to consult with clients in order to determine objectives and requirements for events such as weddings receptions, meetings and conferences of all types.
- Must be able to anticipate events needs, discern work priorities and meet deadlines with little supervision and be willing to work evenings and weekends.
- Should have a love for special event management , provide outstanding customer service and be able to build relationships with customers.
- Monitor event activities in order to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
- Hire train and supervise support staff and volunteers required for events.
- Create room layouts
- Provide beverage requirements. Ordering with vendors.
- Provide and work with audiovisual equipment.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event related matters.
- Monitor and participate as needed in event set up and clean up.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning implementation process.
- Assist with preparing budgets and providing periodic progress reports as required by the Executive Director.
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing and reporting.
- Coordinate appointments and visits to the facilities and scheduling of events for the campus on the schedule.
- Prepare and modify contracts as required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with clients and staff.
- Willingness to do what is needed at all times to ensure the campus safety and security, business continuation and cleanliness.
- Bachelors degree preferred, significant work experience is also a plus.
- At least 3 years of experience with office administrative duties.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Word, Excel, Power Point, and all office products.
Applicants should submit a complete resume with wage expectations and availability to:
Heartland Acres Agribition Center
2600 Swan Lake Blvd.
Independence, IA 50644
Attn: Craig Johnson, Executive Director