Whether you’re on a field trip, in the classroom or online, Heartland Acres Agribition Center offers several resources that will capture your students’ curiosity.
This guide will help you through the exhibits at Heartland Acres Agribition Center.
To schedule a field trip, contact:
Brian Bell, Event Manager at 319-332-0123 or via email.
Everything you need to know to help you prepare for your visit to Heartland Acres Agribition Center.
Silos & Smokestacks Bus Grants
Grants will be awarded until Dec. 1st or until funds are depleted. This program is open to schools within SSNHA. This is a grant initiative designed to help schools in the heritage area fund the transportation costs associated with field study trips to designated SSNHA partner sites.
Iowa Farm Bureau Ag in the Classroom Program
The Iowa Farm Bureau Ag in the Classroom Program is offers up to $200 in teacher supplements for use in classroom programs that promote agricultural literacy. Priority will be given to grants requesting books, field trip costs, visual aids, and videos.
Quizzes & Fact Sheets
- One-Room Schoolhouse Activity
- Iowa Corn Uses Coloring Sheet
- Iowa Corn Facts Coloring Sheet
- New Uses for Corn Coloring Sheet
- Iowa Corn Activity Book
- Iowa Turkey Federation Activities for Kids
- Iowa Learning Farms – Resources for Educators
- Iowa Pork Producers – Iowa Pork Youth Team
- Iowa Corn
- Iowa Soybean Association
- Iowa Cattlemen’s Association
- American Farmers Association
- Iowa FFA Association
- Iowa Turkey Federation – Teachers Resources
- Build a Prairie